Northumberland Walking Guide Patrick Norris – Footsteps In Northumberland
Northumberland Walking Guide
If you are keen to explore Northumberland with a walking guide, look no further. Qualified and experienced guide Patrick Norris is your man. He will take you through the dramatic hills and valleys of The Cheviots, the gentler slopes of rolling hills, along the Northumberland Coast, or into The Scottish Borders.
Patrick’s small and experienced firm is called Footsteps in Northumberland, and is owned and operated by Patrick and his partner Louise Almond-Norris.
What are the benefits of using a Northumberland walking guide:
- You have time to enjoy the unique and beautiful Northumberland landscape.
- Don’t worry about route planning or the fine detail of organising the trip.
- See places you’ve never dreamed of, and hidden beauty.
- Find out about walks and routes that only locals know that reveal secret treasures and spectacular views.
- Learn about history, wildlife and nature. Take in spring wildflowers, August heath or autumn blooms.
- See castles, big skies and great views.
- Enjoy pre-historic features like Iron Age hill forts and the mysterious cup and ring marked rocks hidden away amongst the Cheviot Hills of Northumberland.
Patrick is a qualified hill walking guide and holds the Walking Group Leader Award, which he gained at the National Mountain Centre at Plas y Brenin in Snowdonia. He also has the Basic Expedition Leader Award and he has a relevant first aid qualification. Patrick is a Full Member of the Mountain Training Association, www.mountain-training.org.
Before setting up Footsteps, Patrick was a professional countryside ranger for 20 years. In that time he built up a considerable knowledge and awareness of the British countryside, including its landscapes, wildlife and cultural history. He will share that knowledge with you as we walk through the changing seasons in the beautiful landscapes of north Northumberland.
Walks are inexpensive and offer tremendous value and an unforgettable experience. Find out more: www.footsteps-in-northumberland.co.uk.
Follow Patrick Norris’s Waling Guide column here: www.thisisnorthumberland.com/category/northumberland-walkers-guide.